Thursday, August 16, 2018
Changes in my study program
Hi everyone,
Know i'm really disappointed with my career but i don't be sorry to studied arts. I always wanted that my teachers were more involved with student's process and they will generate contacts with other study areas ( science, architecture, psychology,publicity, etc) or places likes museums, state archives, gallery to expose ( i never want this last one but i have many schoolmates that really want expose and all these stuff). And it is a little sad to graduate and have to search all of these things alone.
About the curriculum map i always liked that you can choose great variety of workshop like painting, sculpture, ceramic, photography, goldsmithing and others. But i think that it is important have to study travels in the workshops and know about our discipline reality.
And i think that Arts students need more subjects of art theory many times i felt stupid cause i think that teachers of art theory believes that art students are idiots and the don't make us read too much compared to art theory students.
the methods of my Art teachers i think that is fine, specially the fact that the dialogue are symmetrical and that is enriching for student. But as i mentioned the department need more compromise with their students and projection with graduation future of their.
this isn't my case but with medial classes ( digital image, cinematica) are too poor hand over knowledge about programms like photoshop and Premiere.
i think it is pessimistioc blog post but i sorry, this is the theme that teacher choose for this penultimate blog. Always talk about university is a little sad to everyone. = (
bye bye
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi, the arts studies are a call more than a choice, i thik that is very necessary a multi-disciplinar formation, and this is very difficult to happened with the teachers that stay here yet.
ReplyDeleteSee U!
I agree with everything you wrote, I believe that generating better links is essential for a career with a small world
ReplyDeleteJavi!! I agree with you, I also think that in some subjects they should teach more knowledge about the speciality being taught.
ReplyDeletehey! I agree with you when you say that the teachers in general aren't into teach about how to deal with the art scene ;( that sucks
ReplyDeleteHello Javiera...I do not know the situation of your career, but reading your blog I think that it is too sad that teachers do not involve in the work of their students :c Bye
ReplyDelete